Saturday, August 25, 2012

Time for a Holiday- on to Seattle

We drove up to Seattle on Wednesday and headed straight for some of our old haunts. It was lunch time so we went to one of our favorite kid friendly pizzerias. I have been working on my home made pizza and dough but it has not yet rivaled the pizza at Tutta Bella. The wiki sticks are a big hit too. 
We went down the street to our favorite ever cupcake shop. We met one of our good friends, Jessie and got to meet her daughter. She is just now one year old but we moved away before she was born so we haven't gotten to meet her until now. Lily took to the cupcakes like and old pro and Gemma enjoyed her first taste of Trophy. They share well because Lily only eats the frosting and Gemma likes the cake.
We took all the girls to the playground down the street and had a grand time. Sweet Annabel could fit right in with these Davis girls. She has an English daddy too!
 We tried to steel a soccer ball while Gemma bolted off in the other direction. She is pretty good at that.
 It was a lovely summer day to relax and pick the flowers.
Then it was on to the hotel for some R&R. Alex left to meet up with another one of his former co-workers for drinks and us ladies broke in the room. A HUGE bed and cable TV. They could have spent the rest of the time in this room. I even braved taking them both in the hotel pool by myself to wear them out for the night.
Day two we met with Hillary, DB, and little Colbie for breakfast at another one of our fave spots. It was too quick of a visit as they were in town from Madison to visit with family in Lake Chelan. It was just a stroke of luck we were all in town the same time. We shopped around a bit before heading to our old neighborhood. We drove by our old house and nothing had changed. It was a gorgeous day and we had plans to meet up with Ann, Kat, and Natalie at the park. Friends together again!!
The next morning we took in the tourist sights and saw the new ferris wheel. It is a miniature version of the London Eye! We didn't ride it this time though.
 What trip to Seattle would be complete without a stop at Pike's market. Lily picked out this huge bouquet for our friend Clare who was hosting a BBQ that evening for us all.
 In the afternoon we joined up with Ann and the girls at the green lake wading pool. It was one of our favorite old haunts and it couldn't have been a better day. Everyone had a great time and Lily and Kat were back together like two peas in a pod.
Gemma was wondering what happened to the rest of the water in this pool? It was a nice change to not have to keep her from drowning herself every second. 
 Kat didn't mind doing her back floats in one foot of water.
 The two tiny best friends played nicely together as well.
 We picnicked and lazed about and wondered why we ever left our sweet house a block away from here.
 My good friend Annie from back in the travel nurse days came out as well with her adorable little 6 month old Edie. It was her first time in the wading pool and she was a huge fan!! The bigger girls were happy to show her how it was done.
We didn't have time to do the 3 mile walk around the lake but we wished we had. So many good memories of walking around this lake. We used to take Winsty when he was the tiniest puppy and couldn't go ten steps without getting stopped to gawk at our cute puppy. We walked it the night before Lily was born and the morning Gemma was born! Ladies if you want to go into labor just get walking the lake!
 From there we headed over to West Seattle to Clare and Ryans new home for a Hawaiian BBQ. Ann and Clare did an awesome job and we had the best time in the back yard. We ate a ton of good food listening to Hawaiian music while the kids played. Of course I wish I had taken more photos but I was too busy enjoying the company.
 We wished we didn't have to leave early in the morning for the horrid drive home! It was actually not too bad and even though it was a longer drive coming home from Seattle the girls did really well. We decided to put them in their PJ's in the evening and see if they fell asleep and we could press on for home. We made it back home at 2:30AM exhausted but happy to be in our own beds. What a wonderful time even if it was too short!

No comments:

Post a Comment